Duties & Responsibilities
The city clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by state law and City Code.
Other duties include:
- Administering beer, wine, and liquor licenses
- Administering Special Event Permits
- Archiving City Council Documents, Official Proceedings, Ordinances, and Resolutions
- Business and Animal Licensing
- Elections – All elections are managed by the Carbon County Elections Office
- Maintaining City Council Meeting Materials
- Providing Notary Public Services
- Publicizing Legal Notices
- Recording Official Documents
- Issues Business Licenses for: Alcohol Beverages, Auctioneers, Bottle Clubs, Bingo and Pull Tabs, Circus Carnival & Amusement Shows, Animals Livestock & Kennels, Non-Resident Business, Pawnbrokers, Secondhand Sales, Peddlers, Solid Waste Haulers, Special Events Permits, Security Officers and Taxi Cabs.